Setting The Tone for a Successful Term
January 21 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
This 1.5 hour workshop, designed for New Faculty but open to all, explores how to set the tone for a successful term both early in the semester and even before stepping inside the classroom! From exploring your expectations of students, to purposefully developing communication strategies and assignments with a view to cultivating classroom community, this workshop will afford each participant the opportunity to explore teaching models and practice them in small group activities and large group discussion. Participants will reflect on messages that they consciously and unconsciously send as they build relationships with their students.
Objectives: At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Identify and apply personal preferences with regards to
- Classroom Activities and Pedagogical Approach
- Communication system with students
- Assignment Schedule and Marking scheme
- Implement a first day of class activity, as prepared in the workshop.